Thursday, October 30, 2014

Faux Taxidermy

Hello There! I can't believe it's one day to Halloween. Boy this year has flown by. I know for me from now to the end of the year time really flies with all the to does. Though I'm thinking if might be a bit different since it's my first year as an empty nester. 
I have two more Halloween Projects I want to share with you. Today I have this fun Faux Taxidermy Project. I got the idea from an online class call Spark the Event by Just a Girl, Margie. These are themed events, she has loads of Ideas in the 3 part videos that she does. The next one she is doing is called Spark your Christmas. I have taken most of them. my favorites are the Halloween, christmas and Valentines. She does do a summer one too. What I like is how she uses Items from the dollar store, Targets & Michael's dollar bins, stuff you might all ready have or it only cost a few dollars like my project here:


I'll share a tutorial on how I made this. The platter and the crow are from the Dollar Tree


The Paper is from the line Haunted Hallows by Teresa Collins, it's been in my Halloween stash. I traces my finger on the paper so that I could get the shape of the platter onto the paper. I thought I wanted the platter shiny but I changed my mind and painted it with black gesso.


Then I made my crepe paper rosette. The crepe paper is from Target. It was a roll of a halloween paper streamer. I also punch a circle 2 3/4" out of black cardstock


I added some adhesive with my ATG gun and gathered the crepe paper around the circle.


Like so. I added it to the platter in the center then I cut the crow just where the legs where. I did removed the legs first.



I hot glued the crow onto the platter at this point.
I made the hat by cutting the punch out circle 2 3/4" in have and hot glue into a cone. I has a fringe tissue paper that I glued to the cone hat.



I cut some paper rosettes using my Tim Holts dies. I use the Large and Mini  Rosette dies. I used a bit of seam binding to make the bow, a few mini black and orange roses, some mini paper spiders and some large sequins on top of the rosettes.


and here is the finish piece again.


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Come back tomorrow and check out my last Halloween project.

Thank you for stopping by and taking a peep, 
Creating and Sharing with you all,
Liz


btw I'm only sharing the Spark the Event classes because I really enjoy them. I'm not receiving any compensation. 








2 comments:

C'est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC said...

Creative project! I’m stopping by to give you some Bloggie Love!

La-Vie B.
Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

Scrappin Robin said...

OMG! What a wonderful project, it is truly amazing. I love it. Thank you for sharing.
Robin
http://create-a-latte.blogspot.com/