Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Green Enchilada Chicken Cassarole Recipe


I'm sharing this recipe because so many have asked for it. When ever I take it to a potluck everyone seems to enjoy it and there is someone that ask for the recipe.
I have been make this for a couple of years now so I really don't have measurements but I tried to take note the last time I made it

Green Enchilada Chicken Casserole Recipe
  • 12 Corn Tortillas 
  • Shredded Chicken (sometimes I just steam 4 chicken breast or go buy a roasted whole chicken)
  • Mexican Crema or Sour Cream
  • Monetary Jack Cheese
  • Las Palms Green Enchilada Sauce 32oz, Reserve about 1/4 cup for bottom of casserole
  • Ortega Green Chilies
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh Cilantro
  • 1 med Onion
  • 1 Garlic
  • salt and pepper
  • oil

Saute chopped onions until tender add the diced green chilies, shredded chicken, cilantro (the picture above don't have the cilantro because the night I made this I didn't have any) simmer about 5-10 mins. and add the green enchilada sauce and simmer for another 5-10mins. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Meanwhile you can start frying the tortillas in some oil until slightly crispy.
You will start layering like a lasagna
First spray your  9"x9" or  9"x13" pan with Pam
the first layer use the reserved green chile sauce
then the tortillas. Some of the tortillas I cut in half like the picture below (9"x9")

top with the sour cream spread evenly on the tortillas, chicken mixture, sprinkle the cheese and 
repeat until you finish with the top layer being the cheese. Cover with aluminum foil
put in oven @ 350 for about an hour until it starts bubbling. uncover and leave in over until the cheese browns. I serve this with a green salad.

Let me know if you try this recipe out. Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek.
Liz

No comments: